***Attention*** iBaby can no longer support the iBaby Monitor M3, which was discontinued in 2014. App updates are no longer available for this product. If you have further questions or for technical support, please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I set up my iBaby Monitor M3?
- Make sure your Apple iOS device is connected to your home or office Wi-Fi network.
- Remove the red cap on the back of the camera and screw the antenna in, facing up.
- Plug the power adapter into electrical outlet and opposite end into the monitor.
- Use the Ethernet cable to connect the monitor to the LAN (not WAN) port on your wireless modem/router.
- Install and launch the iBaby Monitor App on your Apple iOS device using keyword search: “iBaby Monitor BM”. When the message “New iBaby Monitor. Please set up your camera first” appears, click “OK.”
- The message “Searching for Wi-Fi” appears until your network is found. When found, go to the “Set Up” page, select your network, enter your password and click “Done.”
- When the message “iBaby Monitor restarting. Remove cable from iBaby Monitor. Do not turn off camera” appears disconnect Ethernet cable from both the monitor and the modem/router.
- Wait for the monitor to connect (about 30 seconds).
- When the message “You are using the default camera” appears, select “Later.” Set up is complete.
What if I forget my username and password?
In event that you could not remember your password, you can simply reset your monitor by holding down the reset button on the back of the monitor for about 20 seconds while it is powered on. The reset should restore the login information to the default username and password for the monitor. The default username is admin, and the default password is 123456.
How do I activate the motion and sound alerts?
Go to “set up” and then select “Alarm Level”. Tab setting and options will be displayed.
How do I change my monitor's brightness, contrast and resolution?
When you touch the video area of the screen, a control panel will appear that will allow you to alter the settings for the brightness, contrast and resolution.
My picture is upside down, how can I fix this?
It appears that picture flip might have been turned on. This feature flips the picture of the video. To turn this feature off, open the iBaby app on your iOS device. Tap on the contrast icon to the lower left of the screen and turn off picture flip.
How do I add my iBaby monitor to a new device?
If the monitor has already been set up to one iOS device, please use the following steps for adding the monitor to another device:
- Download the iBaby Monitor BM app
- Launch the app when the iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi as the monitor
- You may receive a message similar to “iBaby Monitor cannot be connected, please search again”
- Select “Cancel”
- Select “Setup”
- Select the tab “Add Camera”
- Enter the camera’s DDNS, Username and Password
I enabled the speak function but there is no sound coming out of the monitor?
You must connect speakers to the audio output socket on the back of the monitor, which will enable a two-way intercom function.
I enabled the audio, but I can't hear any sound?
First, make sure that you check the volume levels on your devices and make sure that the volume level is set at 5 or above. The sound may also be too far from the camera and not loud enough for the camera to capture it. If your network speed is slow, this too can affect the sound level as well.
When I use the audio feature, I can hear static noise?
Make sure that your iOS device or external speakers aren’t placed too close to the monitor or it may cause noise or feedback.
The App just stays on a ``Loading`` Page
There are a few simple solutions as to why the app is stuck on “Loading”
-Please make sure if you are using a dual band router, that the broadcast is set to 2.4Ghz as currently our monitors are not compatible with the 5.0Ghz broadcast.
-Please make sure that your wi-fi NAME & PASSWORD are No more than 16 characters, and that BOTH contain ONLY Numbers and Letters, NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS, spaces etc.
If I move or change my router & network name, what do I do next?
We understand changes happen, so if you move or change your router, if you have models, M2, M6, M6T you will simply need to go into your app settings and delete the old camera. Log out from the app, and reset your phone and iBaby monitor, then proceed with installation again. If you have the model M3/M3S you would need to complete Port Forwarding. Please refer to www.portforward.com for more information or contact our Support Team and we can assist on where to find the information.
I keep getting a error message when I invite additional users to my camera, why?
Please note only 1 person can be the Account Owner, everyone else will be INVITED USERS/VIEWERS.
Note also that each user will need to REGISTER & Create their own accounts, once they do LOG OUT. Send the invite, NO CONFIRMATION EMAIL will actually be sent, rather have the user then log back in and it should take a moment to load the video feed.
My monitor frequently disconnects, the video freezes or is delayed, has lag time etc. What happened?
When other items share the same wi-fi this can cause the signal strength to be lower when running or using the iBaby Monitor. For this we usually recommend to perform a Speed Test. Download the app OOKLA from your app store, and choose Begin Test. Your UPLOAD speed is the main factor, that needs to be at least 2.4mbps to establish a video feed, anything lower than this will cause the issues as described above.
The video display is only showing in BLACK & WHITE even during the daytime, why?
Depending on the lighting of the room, if it is a bit darker the video display will show in b&w. But you also can check your display settings for Night Vision and make sure it is set to AUTO, which should restore to color.
Got more questions for us? Here are some options:
Here are several ways to contact us