When you have kids, you definitely have more things on your plate. However, it’s not a reason to forget about your partner.
Valentine’s Day is a wonderful reminder to keep dating your partner even if you’ve been together for a while. Most parents have two obstacles when planning nights away from kids: trouble finding a babysitter or feeling too tired to go out. Let’s see what you will need to plan a simple date night when you have kids.
- Find a babysitter. It might be not easy to find someone you can trust. We covered earlier how to find a babysitter for your child if you don’t have parents or relatives who can look over your little ones when you go out.
- Invest in a baby monitor. Modern day baby monitors, like iBaby Monitor M6T, work on Wi-Fi, which means you can always access the video feed from your smart phone. With a video baby monitor you can always quickly check on the baby without calling the babysitter. iBaby Monitor M6T also sends sound and motion alerts, so you sure won’t miss a thing.
- Devote all your time to your partner. This means not using cell phones (keep one on in case of emergency), holding hands and looking into each other’s eyes. Tell your partner why you are thankful for them and enjoy the time together.
- Dress up, if you can. While it might be tempting to go just in your sweats, time some time to get ready for the date. It shows your partner that you want to be your best for them (and yourself, too!).
- Surprise your partner from time to time. If you’re doing the same routine of going to a restaurant for your date nights, do something different. Pick a new place, or try a different activity. Bring a little present or a card for your partner – just because you love them.